Winter is one great season to bring the child inside every human out because it is the perfect season to show off your trendy jackets, stylish boots, and scarves. It is the season for celebrations, parties, and weddings. But sadly, the winter season doesn’t go well with the skin. Dry and itchy skin, cracked heels and lips, flaky scalps and lots more could be the greatest nightmare of the season. So it is very essential to take special care and attention to your skin especially during winter. Here are a few tips that will be useful for you.
Effective winter skincare tips
Cold weather and low humidity level affect the skin moisture level greatly. For smooth and fresh looks in winter, try the following tips:
- Stay hydrated:People nowadays are very conscious about their health. Some think that fresh fruits and vegetables are more than enough to lead a healthy life but little did they know, staying hydrated will be of great help to maintain healthy skin. Drinking 8-12 glass of water is mandatory for you to stay away from itchy dry skin during winter.
- Bath in lukewarm water:Hot water may sound great on a cold winter day but it doesn’t go well with your skin. They reduce the moisture level on your skin making it drier and rougher. So, lukewarm water is the best during winter. Have a short shower and don’t forget to moisturize right after the shower.
- Choose the best moisturizer:Choosing the right moisturizer is the secret for healthy and glowing skin during the winter season. If your skin is naturally oily, choose the moisturizer that contains more glycerin. If you have dry skin type, you will have to look out for a moisturizer or lotion that contains lanolin, mineral oils, and lactic acid. If your skin needs special attention, you may seek the help of a skincare expert or a Dermatologist to find the right product for you.
- Go for water-rich foods and juices:‘Beauty shines from within’ is a famous saying. It suits well with the health too. Take plenty of water-rich fruits like grapes, berries, watermelon, papaya, peaches and apples which contain 80-90 percent of water and vegetables like peas, onions, cucumber, carrots, broccoli, etc which will help you stay hydrated and provide a clear and glowing skin especially during winter.
- Opt for gentle, fragrance-free cleansers:Choosing the wrong cleanser can worsen dry and itchy skin. For example, regular bar soaps may contain irritating fragrances and ingredients. Instead, use a fragrance-free, moisturizing cleanser or gel. (Make sure that you look for products specifically labeled “fragrance-free,” because “unscented” products may contain fragrances). You can also avoid winter skin problems by using less soap overall, so limit your lathering to necessary areas, such as your hands, genitals, armpits, and feet.
Last but not least, wear proper and suitable clothing that suits the climate well because improper material may irritate your dry skin which worsens the situation. Thus, follow the above-mentioned tips to enjoy the winter season tension-free.